Friday, August 17, 2007

Reunions

As of this writing, I just returned last week from a visit back home (Colorado) for my 30th high school reunion. My mother's advice has always been to wait until at least your 20th before returning as everyone is over trying to impress everyone else and just interested in having a good time. Well, I have to add another piece of advice...don't make your 30th reunion your first one. I saw some people, had some good conversation but none of my friends from high school bothered to show up so I spent most of the evening feeling a little bit like the unpopular girl in high school (which I was not).
The rest of the trip was great. It included a visit with my mom, a visit to Cripple Creek and a visit to Canon City. Canon City was bittersweet as it was a trip to view the columbarium where my dad's ashes are. The most delightful part of the visit was traveling with my boyfriend who as it turns out is an easy going traveling partner. We had our moments but they were few and far between. We were both sad to return home and to our normal lives of work and trying to carve out time to see one another.
We had a delightful time seeing my niece and nephew, Jack and Lina. Two more delightful littles ones do not exist. Their parents are truly blessed and exhausted!

No comments: